Friday, July 10, 2009

28 Reasons Why I Love Becky Wickstrom

By: Ida Dawn McDonald Zeiler

Reason: Beck is not just gorgeous, she is Glorious!

My Darling Beck -

What can I say? I don't think 28 is a number high enough. You are one of my dearest friends. I think it would be accurate to say that you truly know my soul. I count you as a sister. [plus, my mom counts you - Rebecca Jane]

I love that you can make a short chat or a long chat feel like a warm hug. I love that you are comfortable laughing or crying with me. I love that you are the most selfless person I've ever met. I love your example of womanhood. Becky, you are not just gorgeous, you are glorious!

I was reaching back into my archives of memories with you. I cannot imagine what my BYU life would have been like without. DT would have been flat out boring. Do you remember the fashion shows you would put on with Eileen? I think the hardest I have ever laughed in my life was on the night before your wedding when we had a viewing of the Freshman Video.

Looking back at sophmore year, I realized that I never did make it through the marathon story of how your summer had gone. It was a tale that lasted over 2 or 3 hours. I recall hearing the beginning close to half a dozen times. I believe I ended up asleep on the floor before you were done each time. :) Speaking of floors, I remember you sleeping in the middle of our hallway during finals with the kitchen timer. I hated that kitchen timer and how it would go off every 5 mintues for like an hour. I remember you braiding my hair into some of the coolest styles. I almost peed my pants when you walked into the Honor Code Office with a beard on and requested a "beard waiver" from the Director. I loved the bewildered looks you got as you made me walk home with you during finals because you had on a half man, half woman make up job.

Junior year, first day back from break, I remember you running into my apartment and meeting Christopher for the first time. I loved getting to road trip down to Colorado. I remember watching you walk out of the Denver Temple with the biggest glow [since I wasn't endowed yet I wasn't inside]. I told myself that when I found someone that could make me glow like that I would know he was it for me. I remember sleep overs when Chris was out of town for business.

I remember rushing back into town and meeting up with you before our graduation ceremony. You had pick up my cap and gown, and ironed it for me. I loved getting to celebrate the end of BYU with you.

A year later you were a gorgeous bridesmaid at my wedding. I loved having you in the bride's room as I got ready. About 2 years later it was fun to visit you in DC and have you rub my pregnant belly.

I could literally go on for days. By the way, most of these memories are the ones proper enough for print :)

Becky, I pray that my daughter will have some of your amazingness rub off on her. I also pray that she too will find a friend that is as dear to her as you are to me. Thank you for always making me feel wonderful. I love you!

No comments: