Saturday, July 11, 2009

28 + Reasons Why I Love Becky Wickstrom

BY: Holly Hamilton

So, you’re turning 28 today,
And I thought I’d let you know,
Just how wonderful I think you are,
And why I love you so.

It’s not your fashion that makes you great
Or your two thousand pairs of shoes.
It’s that you’re willing to listen to me
And cheer me up whenever I have the blues.

It’s that you still love me,
Even if I say something dumb.
And, that you let your husband eat lemonheads,
Until his tongue goes numb.

I love that you let me take you “slumming,”
And that you are often my creative muse.
I love that on all of our shopping trips,
You always find some really great shoes.

I love that you’re my kindred kitchen spirit,
And that you enjoy the same wonderful food.
I love your creativity,
And your positive attitude.

I love your great faith,
And your super cheerful smile.
And the fact that in high heels,
You could totally walk three miles.

I think you are the most gracious person,
And you have such a generous heart.
I really love those things about you,
It kills me that we’re so far apart!

I love how when we play games,
Your singing drives Chris crazy.
And I love that when you come to visit,
We can stay in our PJs and be lazy.

I love laughing with you,
It must be that endearing wheeze.
Why did you move so far away?
Can you come back, please?

I love how you’re so prepared,
With your stash of gifts and bins of toys,
I love that you’re such a great “aunty,”
To so many little girls and boys.

Being thoughtful is one of your greatest traits,
I totally love that about you.
You’re always thinking of others,
And what surprises you can do.

I love the fact that you are “family,”
I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I love chit chatting with you
When our husbands go out to play.

I love that you think my husband’s funny,
And how you ask him to tell his stories, “please.”
It’s fun to hear you laugh at them,
Especially the part where he “bends his knees.”

I love how you take the time
To be such a wonderful friend,
To support and lift us up,
If there were a broken heart, you’d help it mend.

Another thing I love about you
Is that your hair can sport great curls.
I also think it says a lot about you,
That you keep in touch with so many of your girls.

To describe in words how amazing you are
Is really very tough.
The words nice, and sweet, and generous,
Just don’t seem to be enough.

I hope you know how much you are loved,
You are one very special gal.
Have a happy, happy birthday,
And enjoy the words from all your pals!

No comments: