Thursday, July 8, 2010

Memories of Becky by Rachel Connett

The first time I really remember meeting Becky was in the middle of the night I believe, at Parkside, our lovely abode at the time. Becky and Chris were out in the parking lot with the fire department. I don't remember the specifics, but they had to call them for some reason. We chatted for a bit, made sure that they were alright and left them out in the cold. No, it wasn't cold. But I think they were about ready to be let into their apartment again.

Another Parkside parking lot story, which Becky won't want published...Joel and I were coming home and unlocking our door when we hear this yelling and see a blur that was Becky running down the stairs frantically trying to get into her apartment. She was yelling at Chris I think, to help her get the door unlocked and was already undoing her pants by the time she barged into her apartment. When you gotta poop, you gotta poop. She said something along those lines...it was hilarious and Joel and I still reference it today when we are faced with such an emergency.

Of course a lot of favorite memories about Becky involve her Martha Stewart Skills. Personally I prefer Becky to Martha. I always enjoyed going to Becky's apartment.

Becky has a great laugh and a wonderful smile and always makes you feel good and that you are important to her.

I remember staying up too late many times playing games, and we were introduced to Settler's by the Wickstroms (and you and your husband too!)

Becky has a wonderful voice and I treasure a CD she gave us years ago of her singing a few songs.

No comments: