Wednesday, July 8, 2009

28 Reasons Why I Adore Becky

By: Kara Mann

1. She has the most gorgeous smile, and she's always using it to win people over.
2. She has a killer sense of home decorating. Her whole house is Becky Chic.
3. She's always a good reference if you need a book pick. (Chances are she'll let you borrow her copy since she's got a hefty library.)
4. SHE LOVES ROB JUST AS MUCH AS I DO.
5. She is an amazing cook, always trying new and delicious recipes.
6. Becky's love for fashion is a true inspiration to me; the girl wears fierce heels to work on a consistent basis.
7. She picked a one-of-a-kind awesome hubby who always gives great directions to GPS-deficient people.
8. Becky is the most hilarious commentator/critic to watch American Idol with.
9. She spoils her friends, unnecessarily, whenever we get together.
10. Her voice is angelic, and she nailed opera in sacrament.
11. She brought me a new circle of girlfriends, for which I am forever in her debt.
12. The girl is funny, always keeping me in stitches about one story or another (usually about her college days).
13. She knows just where to spend a leisurely Friday...namely the Ribbon Outlet.
14. I can't help but adore Becky for introducing me to two of D.C.'s finest: Ray's and Georgetown Cupcakes.
15. Becky + parties = absolutely fabulous. Anyone who's anyone always attends her parties.
16. I love how Becky always makes you think that whatever you're saying is truly important, even when it's not.
17. She is a homemade pizza guru, thus inspiring me to obtain my own stone and impress w/ mad pizza skills.
18. I adore Becky because (I'm not copying #4, but expanding) she shares my intense love of everything Twilight and shares insider gossip with me that I know I can only obtain from Becky, who knows you don't have to be 13 to love the saga.
19. She carries on the somewhat lost tradition of writing thank-you notes, and hers are always creative and genuine.
20. Becky + blogging = creative perfection, a must-read for bloggers and non-bloggers alike.
21. I have 100% confidence in hiring Becky as my personal shopper, full-time, someday when I'm filthy rich.
22. She has an impressive knowledge of Photoshop, a skill I have to be envious of.
23. She's a valuable shopping partner, giving her support on daring, but darling, accessory purchases.
24. Becky is super thoughtful, remembering little details about past conversations and always making sure to ask you about them.
25. She has serious TiVo skills, pausing and taking very precise pictures of very important contestants on a fashion-challenged season of a certain show.
26. She is stellar with children, especially my kiddo. I have no doubt that she will be an amazing mom someday.
27. And the last reason I adore Becky is because she is one of the most genuine people I've ever met in this lifetime, which makes me grateful to call her my friend.

Love,
Kara

No comments: