Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dearest Rebecca Wickstrom,
It's your special day!
I want to celebrate it,
In this special way!

What else can you give
to someone who has it all?
Just any old thing will not do,
No gift cards to the mall. (though I know they would be well used)

Shoes, I know you do not need,
Though you may beg to differ.
And if I knew you'd use it,
I would send a handy swiffer.

Each and every year,
I peruse the same old stores.
I fret over what to get you,
and feel like such a bore.

How do you tell a friend,
How much they mean to you?
I've never been able to find "that gift"
I think that's been the issue.

Your friendship means so much to me,
and to John and Trevan too.
Mallary will one day feel the same,
When she plays dress up with your shoes.

We think of you as family-
You hold a special place in our hearts.
It doesn't even phase us,
When you let out all your farts. (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist)

This year, dear Becky,
Our gift will be a little late.
But, delivered with so much love,
It will be well worth the wait.

We must deliver your gifts in person.
They are memories we'll make.
We are stretching out your birthday,
We'll even have some cake!

To give you some idea,
Here's some coupons for you to see
But, they don't reveal the fun ahead,
Or all the presents there will be.

So enjoy your special day!
May all your wishes come true!
Go eat some yummy frosting,
And know that we love you!

No comments: